Breaking Down The Tempur-Pedic Mattress Warranty
Every mattress warranty is different. Learn about the Tempur-Pedic mattress warranty to ensure that you’re prepared if anything goes wrong.
May 21st, 2020 •
A new Tempur-Pedic mattress is the ultimate in luxury. Their pressure-relieving memory foam mattresses are unmatched. But what do you do if you have a problem with your mattress? This is where the mattress warranty comes in.
Whether you already own a Tempur-Pedic mattress or are considering buying one, it’s important to understand the ins-and-outs of their mattress warranty. You might be surprised at what is—and isn’t—covered.
Rather than read through every line of the 10-Year Full Replacement Limited Warranty, we’ve broken down everything you need to know in simpler terms. We’ll share what is and isn’t covered, what voids the warranty, the fine print, and how to file a claim for all Tempur mattress models.
The Tempur-Pedic Mattress Warranty Covers
Every new Tempur-Pedic mattress comes with their 10-year full replacement warranty coverage. This includes:
- Tempur-Adapt mattresses
- Tempur-ProAdapt mattresses
- Tempur-LuxeAdapt mattresses
- Tempur-Breeze mattresses
For 10 years from the original date of purchase, Tempur-Pedic will repair or replace the mattress if a covered defect occurs.
The Tempur-Pedic warranty covers the same types of damage that most mattress warranties do—defects in materials or workmanship. What this means is that the buyer is covered if something goes wrong with the mattress outside of damage or normal wear-and-tear.
As a mattress owner, how do you know what’s considered normal wear-and-tear versus a material or manufacturing defect? You must dive deep into the fine print, something no one wants to do. Fortunately, we’ve done that part for you.
The Tempur-Pedic 10-year limited warranty include parts and labor for
- Indentations ¾” or greater: Tempur-Pedic covers indentations that measure ¾” or more, so long as the indentation is not caused by inadequate support provided by an inappropriate foundation or bed frame.
- Physical flaws: A physical flaw that causes the mattress material to crack or split in spite of proper handling is covered under the warranty.
- Defects in the mattress cover: Tempur-Pedic includes mattress cover defects that involve the zipper assembly. If a replacement cover is warranted, you’ll receive a current Tempur-Pedic cover.
The Tempur-Pedic Warranty Does Not Cover
The Tempur-Pedic 10-year warranty doesn’t cover the following:
- Comfort preference: It’s normal for one’s preference to change over time. What was once a favorite mattress may, 5 years later, begin to cause back pain. As our bodies change, so can our mattress needs. If you find your preference has changed, that will not be covered. You may want to try a mattress topper to increase softness or support.
- A change in softness: Over time, you might notice the softness slightly increase. Tempur-Pedic does not cover changes in softness that do not impact the mattress’s pressure-relieving properties.
- Sagging, indentations, or other damage caused by improper support: Every mattress has set bed frame or foundation requirements. If the Tempur-Pedic mattress is used alongside an improper foundation or frame and is damaged by such use, that damage is not covered.
- Check out the Tempur-Ergo or Tempur-Ergo Plus Bases for your bed.
- Physical damage or abuse: Tempur-Pedic is not responsible for fixing or replacing a mattress with damage caused by spills, accidents, burns, tears, cuts, or other physical damage caused during use. To protect your mattress and avoid unnecessary damage, try using a waterproof mattress protector and keep your mattress in a safe place.
- Demos or floor models: You can sometimes get a great deal on a Tempur-Pedic mattress by purchasing a discounted floor model. These models have separate warranty details.
- Commercial mattress use: The Tempur-Pedic mattress warranty only applies to mattresses purchased for personal use.
- Used mattresses or those sold by an unauthorized retailer: To be covered, you must have purchased a new Tempur-Pedic mattress within the United States from an authorized retailer. Be careful that you buy your new mattress from an authorized retailer and not an unauthorized seller via places like Craigslist, Ebay, or Amazon. Additionally, if you bought the Tempur-Pedic mattress second-hand, the mattress is no longer under warranty.
What Voids the Tempur-Pedic Mattress Warranty?
There are two primary ways for your Tempur-Pedic warranty to become void.
1. You use an inappropriate bed frame or foundation
Mattress durability can be harmed by pairing a mattress with a base not built for that type of mattress.
Tempur-Pedic mattresses are built to be placed atop firm, solid, flat foundations or adjustable bases that can support the weight of the Tempur-Pedic mattress.
The following are not suitable surfaces for Tempur beds:
- Box springs
- The floor
- An untreated wood platform
Additionally, be sure that whatever bed frame you choose is sturdy enough to support both the mattress and foundation.
To ensure that your foundation is acceptable, you can purchase a mattress set that includes a Tempur-Pedic frame or adjustable base.
2. If the mattress is in “unsanitary condition”
Tempur-Pedic will not replace a mattress that they deem to be in “unsanitary condition.” There are a variety of things that could cause your mattress to be labeled “unsanitary,” including:
- Mold or mildew growth
- Bed bugs
- Spills or accidents
To keep your new mattress covered under warranty, it’s best to use a mattress protector to safeguard against allergens and liquid damage. Look for one that is allergen-proof and waterproof.
The Fine Print
Here’s some additional warranty information that can help you determine if your mattress is covered under warranty.
- You must be the “original purchaser”: For Tempur-Pedic to approve a claim, it must be submitted by the person who originally purchased the mattress.
- You may need proof of purchase: If you did not purchase your mattress directly from Tempur-Pedic, you are required to provide proof of purchase documents, including the purchase receipt and documentation that you were the original purchaser.
- You’re responsible for transportation costs: The customer is responsible for transportation costs throughout the warranty period.
- The pump, hose, and remote are not covered for the full 10 years: These parts are only included during the first 5 years of the warranty.
- The warranty is not extended after a claim: If Tempur-Pedic approves your warranty claim and replaces or repairs your mattress, no new warranty is issued. The length of the warranty starts from the original date of purchase.
How to File a Claim
To file a warranty claim on Tempur-Pedic products, you must collect the necessary information and call them at 1-800-821-6621. To file a warranty claim, collect
- The purchase receipt: If you didn’t purchase your mattress directly through Tempur-Pedic and register it, you need a copy of the purchase receipt.
- Manufacturing date and registry number: Locate the mattress law tag found underneath the mattress cover. There you will find the registry number and manufacturing date.
- Foundation and bed frame information: To ensure that your mattress has been properly cared for, Tempur-Pedic requires information on what foundation and bed frame you’ve used.
Mattress Warranty Breakdowns
Having a problem with your mattress? Most mattresses come with a warranty, find out what a mattress warranty covers and how to file a claim for over 20 top brands.
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Reviews
The Tempur-Pedic mattress brand is synonymous with luxury memory foam mattresses that offer years of great sleep. Comb through our reviews and see which is right for you.
TEMPUR-Pedic mattresses are some of the most recognizable beds on the market, but they can be pricey. Explore some cheaper alternatives in our comparison guide.