The New Casper Hybrid Mattress
Best Hybrid Mattress
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
The New Casper Hybrid Mattress
We have compared, tested and rated nearly 100 hybrid mattresses at Mattress Advisor. The new Casper Hybrid mattress takes comfort and support to a whole level! Read our full review of the Casper Hybrid mattress to see how it performed in our testing and why this is a great mattress all around.
|Mattress Advisor Score:||9.4/10|
Valid on all mattresses, except the essential. See casper.com/terms for additional terms
Twin XL: 39” x 80”
Full: 54” x 75”
Queen: 60” x 80”
King: 76” x 80”
Cal King: 72” x 84”
Casper Hybrid Highlights
- The new Casper Hybrid Mattress, launched in April 2019, is the product of 5 extensive years of research and design by the engineers at Casper Labs. The result? A new mattress model that struck gold.
- Striking the perfect balance between the contour of memory foam and the bounce of pocket-coils, the Casper Hybrid offers the best of both worlds when it comes to superior comfort and support. This advanced design enhances durability and increases edge support.
- The Casper Hybrid offers Zoned Support™, meaning a unique foam layer offers varying levels of support across different regions of the body — using a softer foam to cradle the shoulder and a firmer foam to support the hips.
- The Casper Hybrid earned outstanding scores in responsiveness, motion transfer and spine alignment when in the mattress lab.
What Makes the Casper Hybrid Different?
The Casper Hybrid mattress was designed and engineered in-house by the Research and Development team at Casper Labs so all of the layers work together to provide a supportive and comfortable sleeping surface.
So what did 5 years of thoughtful design get them? The answer is a lot of things, but two that stood out to us:
- Grade-A Responsiveness – The Casper Hybrid crushed the Mattress Advisor responsiveness test – it scored a 9.5. This is how well a mattress adapts and contours to changes in your body position while you sleep directly impacts how quickly you will become comfortable enough to fall asleep.
- Zoned Support – All body parts are not created equal. Some areas of the body need more support than others. The Zoned Support™ layer that you’ll find in the Casper Hybrid targeted support to different regions of the body.
A Look Inside
The engineers behind the Casper Hybrid mattress explored what would happen if they added a pocket-coil spring system to the original Casper mattress design. Needless to say, they struck gold with this combination.
- 1.5” Breathable Open-Cell Foam: The top layer of the Casper Hybrid mattress is made of breathable memory foam that provides responsive comfort.
- 1.5” Pressure Relieving Memory Foam: The following foam layer is designed to cradle joints and offer additional pressure-relieving comfort.
- 1.5” Zoned Support™ Foam Layer: This unique layer of the Casper Hybrid mattress is comprised of a single foam layer that offers two different firmness levels at different areas of the body.
- 7.0” Foundation of Durable, Pocket-Coil Spring System: The final layer of the Casper Hybrid mattress is the new pocket-coil spring system designed to provide active support and motion isolation.
What Casper Customers Have to Say
This is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. It firm and soft at the same time. It’s just right, I don’t toss and turn but I sleep all night. I love it- Jed
My wife and I both love the bed. I usually prefer a much firmer mattress and my wife prefers a soft mattress, yet we’re both satisfied. The bed was easy to unpack and within minutes was ready for sleeping. Definitely the best value in mattresses!- Sam K.
I have never been in such a comfortable bed!! My partner and I both love it, and never thought we’d agree on a bed. I enjoy a more firm bed and he enjoys soft, but this we both love!- Angelica
What's the difference between the Original Casper mattress and the Casper Hybrid?
The primary difference between the original Casper mattress and the new Casper Hybrid mattress is that the original Casper is a memory foam mattress and the new Casper is a hybrid (made with foam and pocket coils). The difference in materials and construction impacts the firmness, responsiveness, motion transfer, pressure relief, and support of each mattress.
What's the difference between the Casper Hybrid mattress and the Casper Wave Hybrid mattress?
The Wave Hybrid is a more expensive model than the Casper Hybrid mattress. Each model is made with different foams and the Wave Hybrid has an additional layer of foam that increases its thickness by one inch.
How does the 100-night trial period work?
You can try the Casper Hybrid mattress in the comfort of your home for 100 nights from the day you receive it. If you decide to return your Casper within your trial period window, simply contact customer support and they will assist you with the return process. Casper will send a representative to your house to pick up the mattress and either donate it to a local charity or have it recycled. Once the pickup or donation is confirmed, you will receive a full refund of your original purchase price.
Does the Casper Hybrid mattress sleep hot?
The Casper Hybrid mattress is designed to sleep cool. This is achieved by using open-cell memory foam that provides a way for heat to escape, rather than getting trapped. Additionally, pocket coils naturally promote airflow because there is space in between each spring. This also helps promote breathability. That being said, the Casper Hybrid is still partially a foam mattress so it may not sleep as cool as an innerspring or latex mattress. How hot you get at night also depends on your personal preferences and body type. If you do find that the Casper mattress sleeps too hot for you, you can always return it within your 100-night risk-free trial period.