Hybrid: hyper-elastic polymer and foam
Medium firm-firm: 6.5/10
10-year limited warranty
Proven pressure relief for people with back pain; good for back and side sleepers
- The Purple is a mattress with a big personality, but it does have a lot to boast about: it sleeps super cool, is great for spinal alignment and does a good job with reducing any movement you’ll feel from other people (or animals).
- Customers who own the Purple have claimed it’s helped them relieve back and neck pains.
- The Purple is topped with a unique pressure-releasing material that is especially great for back and side sleepers – when you lie on your back, it will help your spine maintain its natural curve and when you lie on your side, it will help keep your spine straight.
What makes it different from other mattresses
- The Purple mattress is topped with a patented, unique layer called hyper-elastic polymer developed by Purple themselves, so no other mattress is made with this material.
- This material was developed to deliver superior pressure relief, particularly on your hips, shoulders and back. Take a look at how Purple compares to other mattresses when it comes to pressure point support in this video.
A look inside
The Purple mattress is made with a layer of hyper-elastic polymer (designed to keep you cool and provide great pressure relief) on top of two layers of high-density polyurethane foam (designed for durability, support and motion isolation).
The cover is made with a blend of viscose, polyester, and polyester-lycra (designed for maximum breathability and a soft, stretchy surface).
What Purple customers have to say
- “As a previous tempurpedic mattress owner, I can tell you that the Purple mattress is far superior. My husband and I cannot get over how comfortable and cool we are at night. There was zero adjustment time and the support is fantastic. I look forward to trying the Purple pillow next!” – Cynthia
- “It’s the best mattress I’ve ever used. I thought it was pricey at first, but it is worth every coin and every dollar! I broke my back around 2 years ago and still have some pretty bad pain where I broke it, but Purple has actually decreased the pain which is amazing! My mother has the mattress and actually was the one who recommended it to me after I got out of the hospital.” – Rachel C.
- “I’ll admit I was leery about buying a mattress off the internet, sight unseen, but I went for it anyway because of the 100 day return policy. Well, they are never getting it back. I know it sounds crazy but after the first night of my first uninterrupted sleep in I don’t know how long, I awoke with NO BACK PAIN! I was seriously going to make an appointment with a chiropractor, but that is no longer necessary. I also want to add that my wife’s arm has always been numb when she wakes up in the morning, but that is no longer an issue either. If you’re on the fence about getting this mattress, GO FOR IT! You won’t be disappointed!!!” – Dan
The finer print
- Delivery: The Purple ships free within the lower 48 states and typically arrives within 4-7 business days.
- Setup: The Purple mattress comes compressed and rolled and in a cylinder case. You will simply open the casing, unroll it on your foundation (if you’re using one), and it will be ready to use right away. You can watch this video from Purple to see how it’s done.
- Foundation: The Purple just needs a sturdy surface to sit on, whether that’s a platform, slats (3″ apart or less), box foundation, an adjustable bed frame, or even the floor.
- Return policy: If you decide the Purple is not for you within the 100-day trial period, you can return it for a full refund. They will come pick up your mattress and donate it to a local charity at no cost. Purple does ask that you try your mattress for at least 30 days.
- Warranty: The Purple mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty offer. You can read more about what’s covered under the warranty policy here.
- Cleaning: Spot clean with mild detergent (upholstery cleaner). Machine wash/dry is not recommended.