Hybrid: pocket springs and foam
Medium-firm - firm: 7/10
10-year limited warranty
Luxury hybrid mattress by Leesa offering great edge support and motion isolation
Our Take: We compared, tested, and rated more than 50 foam mattresses. Sapira is our highest-rated luxury mattress, the best mattress available on the Internet.Sapira highlights
- The Sapira mattress is a luxury hybrid option offered by Leesa.
- This mattress is known for having a very responsive sleep surface that reacts to your body as you move and change positions.
- Since the Sapira is topped with a layer of foam, you’ll get better motion isolation than an innerspring mattress alone. The coils inside also help provide great edge support.
Sapira mattress review
See how the Sapira performed in our mattress tests to help you determine if this could be the mattress for you.
Mattress Advisor score for the Sapira
Here’s how the Sapira mattress scored on different tests and evaluations. Our score is a weighted average out of 10 that incorporates functional and performance characteristics of the mattress, as well as a social responsibility score, which takes into account social mission, community involvement and charitable partnerships.
|Sapira Mattress Review|
|Motion Transfer Test||9|
|Edge Support Test||7.5|
|Pressure Relief Test||9|
|Spinal Alignment Test||10|
|Customer Service Score||9|
|Social Impact Score||10|
What makes Sapira different from other mattresses?
- Sapira’s edge support will be more superior than other memory foam only mattresses, so if you’re an edge sleeper or tend to sit on the end of the bed to put on your socks/tie your shoes, this will be easier and more comfortable on the Sapira mattress.
- The innerspring coils and perforated Avena foam top layer will also help you stay cooler at night.
What to watch out for
- You’ll notice that the price tag for the Sapira mattress is higher than the crop of memory foam mattresses you’ll find online. For one, hybrids tend to be more expensive and the Sapira mattress is comparable to other mattresses that run $2,000+.
- Be aware that the Sapira may have a slight odor when you first set it up. This is normal and should dissipate within a few hours or so.
Sapira sizes available
- Twin: $995
- Twin XL: $1095
- Full: $1295
- Queen: $1495
- King: $1795
- Cal King: $1795
A look inside
The Sapira mattress is made with pocket springs and high performing foams. You can see how it’s made here. Its layers include:
- Top layer: Cooling performance layer made with high-density foam; responsive, promotes airflow
- Middle layer: Pressure relieving memory foam; provides body contouring and pressure relief to relax your body
- Bottom layers: Pocket springs and stabilizing foam layers; made up of a thousand premium grade steel springs for core support sandwiched between two, 1-inch layers of high resiliency stabilizing foam
- Cover: Single cut of polyester-blend fabric with 100% Egyptian cotton stitching
What Sapira customers have to say
- “This mattress is amazing. I was having hip pain and after settling in the first night pain wasn’t as intense. Second night pain was gone. I do recommend getting a hard surface solid base for it. I had put the mattress on my old box spring and the mattress sagged in the middle. My husband put a large board between the mattress and the box spring and this fixed the sagging, so I do recommend the solid base for it.” – Jenny H.
- “The springs give it firmness for heavier bodies unlike Casper and others that just provide strong memory foam layers. We are both overweight (220’s) so we need a bed that won’t lose its firmness when only memory foam sinks down. Yet, it is very comfortable for side-sleepers-maintains vertebra in straight position without compromising good posture. We were comfortable from day one and feel that the bed will last. I have had acute lower back pain and the bed combined with a long side-sleeping pillow has cured my insomnia and pain overnight. Thank you for your innovation, Sapira!” – Emily R.
- “This is our third mattress in 3 years, and finally we have a mattress that doesn’t cave in the middle and doesn’t jiggle when one of us gets out of bed in the morning. We also feel it gives us more support for our backs. Couldn’t be happier!” – Jules B.
Read more reviews here.
The finer print
The Sapira mattress ships free throughout the entire US and usually arrives at your door in 3-10 business days.
The Sapira mattress comes compressed, rolled and boxed. You will simply unbox the mattress, unroll it on your foundation, remove the plastic wrapping and watch it grow.
Sapira recommends a firm, flat, and sturdy surface to place your mattress on. Traditional box springs or flexible slats can make it feel too soft. Solid or slatted bases are best.
If you decide the Sapira is not right for you after at least 30 nights and within your 100-night trial window, just let them know and they’ll arrange a free pickup from your home. They’ll also refund your purchase in full. (Note: Alaska and Hawaii customers will incur a $100 fee for returns.)
The Sapira comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
For spills and stains, you can spot treat the area with mild detergent and cool water. You should blot and dab gently, rather than scrubbing or applying direct force. Removing the cover for washing is not recommended.
- Made in the USA.
- Discounted rates on all products for military, first-responders, students and teachers year round.
- Leesa donates one mattress for every 10 sold to non-profit organizations that serve homeless and at-risk individuals; they plant one tree for every purchase made; and donate a portion of their profits for sheets to 42nd Street, an organization that supports mental and emotional well-being in young people. You can read more about their social impact here.
- All the foams in the Sapira mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified.
- If you want to meet the Sapira in person before taking her home, you can stop by select Pottery Barn stores to check her out.