Tuft & Needle Mattress Return Policy Break Down
Sep 3rd, 2020 •
Hopefully you’re researching the Tuft & Needle mattress return policy as a precaution, not because you need to return your mattress and restart your search. But no matter your motivation, we’ve summarized loads of mattress industry jargon in this hassle-free break down.
You’ll learn how to initiate returns or exchanges during the sleep trial, as well as the return policy for different T&N authorized retailers. This breakdown represents all T&N mattress models, including the Mint mattress, Original Foam mattress, Hybrid mattress, and Amazon exclusive Nod mattress.
Related: How to Return a Mattress
100-Night Sleep Trial Period
T&N mattress customers receive a 100-night sleep trial beginning on the day of delivery. This is a pretty standard trial period for the online mattress industry; for example, competitors Casper and Purple also have 100-night trial periods.
The sleep trial is only available for customers who buy their mattress directly from T&N or Huckberry, their authorized distributor. During this time, you can return your mattress for a full refund or exchange your original for one that better suits your sleeping position or body type. After your trial period ends, the 10-year warranty period begins.
Note: The T&N mattress trial period will differ depending on where you bought your mattress. For example, Amazon’s trial period is only 30 days. Ask your retailer for their trial period, if they have one.
The return process for T&N mattresses differs depending on where you buy your bed. Here’s a step-by-step guide for returning your T&N mattress via: the T&N website, Amazon, Lowe’s, Crate & Barrel, and Huckberry.
Tuft & Needle
- Email email@example.com before the 100th day of your trial period, and let them know that you’d like to return your mattress.
- Your T&N support rep will work with you to find a local charity who accepts mattress donations.
- Donate your gently used mattress, and upload a photo of your donation receipt to a link that your T&N support rep will send you.
- Once your donation receipt is received, you’ll get your full refund back to your original payment method within 5-10 business days.
- Reach out to the Special Handling Department on Amazon.com. You can use the chat feature. Don’t pay attention to any prompts that pop up, and type “Special Handling.” You’ll be directed to a customer care rep in that department.
- Make sure you are speaking with a rep who handles large-item returns.
- Let the rep know that you’d like to return your mattress. They’ll work with you to get your mattress picked up.
Note: If the Amazon rep asks you to repackage your used mattress for return shipping, you’re probably not talking to the right department. You shouldn’t have to repackage or return ship your mattress.
- Remove the white law label tags on the mattress, and make sure to keep them (you’ll need them later).
- Donate the used mattress to a local charity.
- Bring the white tags you removed from your mattress and your original receipt to Lowe’s.
- You’ll receive Lowe’s store credit, rather than a refund.
Note: You can speak to a customer care rep about Lowe’s return policy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 844-760-1161.
Crate & Barrel
Simply email email@example.com, and a customer care rep will initiate your return process.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org within the 100-night sleep trial, and a Huckberry representative will walk you through their return process.
You can exchange your original mattress for a new mattress during the 100-night trial period. For example, if you are a side sleeper who wants a mattress that has more pressure relief, you can exchange your firm mattress for a softer one (or add a pillow top).
You can also swap sizes. If you originally bought a Twin XL, but decide you need a Queen size or California King, you only need to pay the difference between the two price points.
Start your exchange by calling 877-842-2586. A T&N rep will help you place a new order and arrange for the donation of your original mattress.
Extra Fine Print
We noticed a few other fine print details we think you should know about. Here they are:
- Always make sure you keep your original receipt of purchase, since T&N may ask you to prove that you bought your mattress directly from them or one of their authorized distributors.
- Returns and exchanges can only be processed for mattresses located within the United States, since T&N doesn’t handle international shipping.
- Your household is only eligible for one return (and refund) per year.
- When you exchange your mattress, you will not receive another sleep trial for the new mattress.
- It is possible to disqualify your mattress from being returned. The used mattress has to be in a donatable condition. Make sure you use a supportive enough box spring or bed frame. If you notice any sagging or indentations in the memory foam comfort layers, let your support rep know.
- Once the limited warranty begins, your mattress can only be replaced or repaired, not returned.
Does T&N reimburse original shipping fees?
Since T&N offers free shipping, the only shipping fees are for deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii. Unfortunately, they don’t include these fees in your refund.
How do I speak with a T&N customer care rep?
For general questions, you can reach a customer experience team member by calling 877-842-2586 or using the chatroom on the T&N website. Team members are available 7 days a week, 7am-6pm PST Monday-Friday and 9am-6pm PST Saturday-Sunday.
Can I test out a T&N mattress at a T&N showroom?
T&N is mainly a bed-in-a-box mattress company, but they do have a few mattress stores in Arizona, California, Oregon, Texas, North Carolina, Washington, and Kansas. If you’re in the area, a sleep rep can help you determine the best mattress for your sleeping position and walk you through the T&N mattress materials (i.e. Adaptive Foam, polyfoam, coil systems).
Make sure you pay attention to factors like pressure point relief, motion isolation, and edge support. You may also be able to test out T&N’s other sleep products, like their mattress topper and pillows.
Bear vs Tuft & Needle Mattress Comparison
The Bear vs Tuft & Needle bed-in-a-box mattresses are both budget-friendly beds. See how they compare on pressure relief, price, cooling, and more.
Tuft & Needle vs. Purple Mattress
Shopping for a new online mattress? Our Tuft & Needle vs Purple mattress comparison will give you the information you need to find your perfect bed.
Tuft & Needle vs. Amerisleep Mattress Review
Shopping for an all-foam mattress? Read our Tuft & Needle vs Amerisleep mattress comparison to learn what sets them apart and which one is better for you.