Zinus vs Linenspa Mattress Comparison
Looking to save a buck, but not sure which value mattress brand to choose? This Zinus vs Linenspa comparison takes a close look at seven of the most comfortable mattresses from each brand.
Feb 16th, 2022 •
Zinus and Linenspa are two familiar bedding brands that target budget shoppers who want comfort for an affordable price. In addition to offering their wide range of bed-in-a-box mattresses online, you’ve probably seen them at a handful of familiar retailers (think Amazon, Walmart, and Home Depot).
In this mattress comparison, we cover seven mattresses from each brand, focusing on their special features, construction, and pricing. By the end, we’re confident you’ll have a clear idea of which mattress is the best fit for your sleeping position and lifestyle.
Zinus vs Linenspa Overview
|Best For||Couples, children and teens, side sleepers, and back sleepers||Families, innerspring shoppers, back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and those with lower back pain|
|Special Features||Charcoal, copper, and green tea extract infusions||Gel-infused memory foam and latex foam|
- Zinus and Linenspa are both value mattress brands that compete with competitors like Casper and Tuft & Needle. They don’t skimp on quality, but they keep their pricing easy on your bank account.
- Both of these brands use gel infused foam to keep the temperature of the mattress surface cool and comfortable.
- Zinus and Linenspa each offer a variety of mattress styles, including innerspring hybrid mattresses and memory foam mattresses.
- Linenspa and Zinus have significantly different trial periods. Zinus gives their online customers 100 days to test out their new mattress in-home, while Linenspa gives their customers only 30 days to make a return.
- While both brands are popular with customers, Zinus aims to stand out with unique foam infusions such as charcoal, green tea extract, copper.
- Zinus and Linenspa have different ranges of mattress profiles to choose from—Zinus mattresses are six to 14 inches thick, and Linenspa mattresses are five to 12 inches thick.
- Zinus Green Tea vs Linenspa 12” Memory Foam Hybrid
Zinus Green Tea vs Linenspa 12” Memory Foam Hybrid
Zinus Green Tea Mattress Review Highlights
- The Zinus Green Tea mattress does a great job of evenly distributing your weight over the mattress surface. This keeps your spine aligned, which helps to prevent back pain.
- The addition of green tea memory foam neutralizes odors that can develop after years of use. Plus, added charcoal absorbs moisture, which effectively eliminates most odors at their source.
- We gave the Zinus Green Tea top marks for motion transfer. Our testers hardly even noticed when another person got on and off the mattress.
- The responsive comfort layers bounce in this mattress back when you change position, which helps you to get comfortable quickly.
Linenspa 12” Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- The Linenspa 12” Memory Foam Hybrid mattress pairs the edge support of a traditional innerspring mattress with the contouring, conforming feel of memory foam.
- A plush layer of gel memory foam at the top of the mattress relieves pressure on shoulders, hips, and other potentially achy joints.
- The coil layer quickly responds to your changes in movement, so you don’t feel trapped in the upper foam layers.
- Gel-infused comfort foam absorbs excess body heat, which keeps your mattress temperature neutral.
Compare Mattress Construction
The most obvious difference between these two mattresses is the base layer. The Zinus is an all-foam bed that’s anchored by high-density support foam. The Linenspa is a hybrid mattress that includes edge support foam and individually encased coils.
Hybrid mattresses generally sleep cooler than foam beds, since the coil layers enable airflow, so you can expect less warmth to build up in the Linenspa mattress. The Linenspa also adds gel beads to their comfort layer, which soaks up even more heat.
|Zinus Green Tea||Linenspa 12” Memory Foam Hybrid|
Zinus Cooling Gel iCoil Hybrid vs Linenspa 10” Memory Foam Hybrid
Zinus Cooling Gel iCoil Hybrid Review Highlights
- The Cooling Gel Memory Foam iCoil Hybrid Mattress is topped with a 1.75 inch–2.75 inch memory foam layer that cradles your body.
- The top layer of gel foam regulates the temperature of the mattress by absorbing and evenly distributing your body heat.
- The coil layer is made up of individually wrapped springs that respond to your nuanced movements, which in turn reduces motion transfer.
- A high-density foam encasement improves edge support, so it’s easier to securely navigate the edges of the bed.
Linenspa 10” Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- The Linenspa 10” Memory Foam Hybrid mattress has a universally comfy medium firmness level that works for all sleep positions.
- The thick layer of memory foam reduces pressure on joints and bones.
- The coil layer supports your body weight, so you don’t feel like you’re sinking too far into the mattress.
- Warm air easily moves through the coil base layer, so heat doesn’t get trapped under your body.
Compare Mattress Construction
Both of these mattresses have a hybrid construction that includes memory foam, transitional comfort foam, and steel coils. This Zinus model is offered as a medium 10 inch mattress and a medium-soft 12 inch mattress. The 10 inch Linenspa Memory Foam Hybrid mattress has a medium firmness and the same construction as the medium-firm eight inch and plush 12 inch models of the same name.
More subtly, the mattress covers have a slightly different feel. The Zinus mattress cover is a thin, stretchy knit fabric that’s designed to keep you cool. The Linenspa cover is quilted with an inch and a half layer of memory foam. Also, the Zinus comfort layer is swirled with cooling gel, so overall, you’ll probably think it sleeps a bit cooler than the Linenspa.
|Zinus Cooling Gel iCoil Hybrid||Linenspa 10” Memory Foam Hybrid|
Zinus Pressure Relief Cloud vs Linenspa Latex Hybrid
Zinus Pressure Relief Cloud Review Highlights
- The Zinus Pressure Relief Cloud mattress (formerly the Ultima mattress) has a medium-soft to plush feel, depending on whether you choose the eight, 10, or 12 inch firmness option.
- The pressure relieving comfort foam works really well for side sleepers or combo sleepers who favor side sleeping.
- A responsive Viscolatex top layer helps to prevent body impressions from lingering, so you can move around and get settled quickly.
- The memory foam layers support and conform to your unique shape, creating a weightless feeling while lying on the mattress.
Linenspa Latex Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- The Linenspa Latex Hybrid is a medium-firm mattress, which is compatible with every sleeping position.
- Latex foam and coil layers add extra buoyancy and motion isolation, equating to fewer disruptions while you sleep.
- The uniquely supportive, contouring feel of latex foam is a great fit for stomach sleepers and back sleepers.
- Built-in edge support allows you to make use of the entire mattress surface for sitting or sleeping.
Compare Mattress Construction
Let’s start with the most obvious difference between these two mattresses: coils. The Linenspa mattress has a foundation of encased coils, while the Zinus sports a base layer of high-density support foam. You’ll likely notice that the Linenspa feels bouncier and more breathable than the Zinus, since coils have more spring and space for airflow than foam.
The responsive feel of the Linenspa is aided by the latex foam comfort layer. Latex is generally firmer than memory foam, which accounts for the medium-firm feel of the Linenspa compared with the medium-soft and plush feel of the all-foam Zinus mattress. It’s also worth noting that the Linenspa Latex Hybrid is only available with a 10” profile, while the Zinus can be eight, 10, or 12 inch.
|Zinus Pressure Relief Cloud||Linenspa Latex Hybrid|
Zinus Cooling Copper Adaptive vs Linenspa 8” Memory Foam Hybrid
Zinus Cooling Copper Adaptive Review Highlights
- The Zinus Cooling Copper Adaptive mattress is wrapped in cooling fabric. Adaptive fabric doesn’t just wick away moisture—it triggers evaporation so you stay dry through the night.
- The memory foam layers are infused with copper and green tea extract. Zinus says that copper absorbs and redistributes excess heat and green tea reduces odors.
- Copper is also naturally antimicrobial, so you’ll stay dry, fresh, and clean on this mattress.
- The coil base layer absorbs motion before it travels across the mattress, resulting in fewer interruptions from sleeping partners.
Linenspa 8” Memory Foam Hybrid Mattress Review Highlights
- The Linenspa Hybrid 8” mattress is their entry-level hybrid. It has a “just right” medium-firm feel and a blend of plush memory foam and supportive coils.
- This mattress has a pressure-relieving quilted memory foam cover and polyfoam comfort layer that both cushion pressure points.
- The coil layer is extra breathable, which keeps you cool.
- The eight inch model is perfect for teens who have outgrown their childhood mattress.
Compare Mattress Construction
The Zinus Cooling Copper Adaptive mattress and Linenspa 8” Memory Foam Hybrid mattress have similar bones, but are otherwise pretty darn different. Both beds are topped with a layer of memory foam and anchored by steel springs. They also each have a medium-firm feel, though the 10” Zinus mattress is closer to a medium firmness.
The Zinus mattress has a cooling knit mattress cover, while the Linenspa is topped with quilted memory foam. You’d think that a quilted foam top would absorb more heat than breathable fabric, but remember that the Zinus mattress has thicker layers of memory foam and polyfoam than the Linenspa. Granted, Zinus infuses their foam with copper, which cuts down on heat retention.
The other big difference between these models is edge support. The Linenspa offers little in the way of edge support other than the firmness of coils. However, Zinus adds high-density foam around the sides of the mattress that improves edge support.
|Zinus Cooling Copper Adaptive||Linenspa 8” Memory Foam Hybrid|
Zinus Tight Top Spring vs Linenspa 6” Innerspring
Zinus Tight Top Spring Mattress Review Highlights
- The Zinus Tight Top Spring mattress is available in six, eight, and 10 inch profiles that all provide the durability and support of a traditional innerspring mattress.
- The microfiber cover and top foam layers cradle your body and keep you from feeling the innerspring base layer.
- Zinus uses BioFoam in this mattress, which is derived primarily from natural seed oil, rather than petrol-based chemical oils.
Linenspa 6” Innerspring Mattress Review Highlights
- The Linenspa 6” Innerspring mattress is simple, durable, and affordable.
- It’s made with a comfy layer of foam and supportive steel coils that have a firm feel ideally suited to children.
- The six inch profile is designed to fit into day beds, bunk beds, and even RVs.
Compare Mattress Construction
The biggest difference between the Zinus Tight Top and Linenspa Innerspring mattresses is the amount of foam in the comfort layers. The Zinus mattress has one inch to two inches and three quarters of comfort foam (depending on whether you have the six, eight, or 10 inch option), while the Linenspa mattress has only a thin layer of foam and a felt pad to protect against feeling the steel coils. Predictably, the Zinus has a cushier medium-firm feel, while the Linenspa is decidedly firm.
Both mattresses have a slightly different shape, which doesn’t affect performance, but may impact how well each fits into your desired bed frame. The Linenspa mattress has a traditional rectangular shape with a slightly raised quilted cover. The Zinus Tight Top is flat as a board and has a uniformed silhouette (unlike the ridged look of a pillow top mattress).
|Zinus Tight Top Spring||Linenspa 6” Innerspring|
Zinus Cooling Gel Memory Foam vs Linenspa 5” Gel Memory Foam
Zinus Cooling Gel Memory Foam Review Highlights
- The Zinus Cooling Gel Memory Foam mattress is available in eight, 10, 12, or 14 inch versions. The lower profiles have a medium-firm feel, while the higher profiles are medium.
- The top layer of gel foam regulates the temperature of the mattress by absorbing excess body heat.
- Green tea infused memory foam reduces odors from accidents or everyday use. It’s also CertiPUR-US certified for low emissions.
- The all-foam construction contours to your unique shape and minimizes pressure on joints and bones.
Linenspa 5” Gel Memory Foam
- The Linenspa 5” Gel Memory Foam mattress is Linenspa’s only all-foam mattress. It’s made with gel-infused memory foam and supportive base foam.
- Such a short profile means that this mattress can fit in the smallest places, like trundle beds and children’s bed frames.
- The plush, breathable mattress cover keeps warm air moving away from the foam layers.
- The gel foam keeps little sleepers cool.
Compare Mattress Construction
The medium to medium-firm feel of the Zinus Cooling Gel Memory Foam mattress suits all ages, particularly teens and adults. The firm Linenspa 5” Gel Memory Foam is best only for children. Both mattresses utilize cooling gel-infused foam, but the Zinus does a better job of temperature regulation by including a cooling cover and breathable convoluted (wavy) base layers.
|Zinus Cooling Gel Memory Foam||Linenspa 5” Gel Memory Foam|
Compare Zinus vs Linenspa Sizes
Zinus and Linenspa have identical dimensions, but they offer slightly different thickness ranges. See for yourself below.
|Twin||39″ x 75″||39″ x 75″|
|Twin XL||39″ x 80″||39″ x 80″|
|Full||54″ x 75″||54″ x 75″|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||60″ x 80″|
|King||76″ x 80″||76″ x 80″|
|California King||72″ x 84″||72″ x 84″|
Learn more about mattress sizes.
Zinus and Linenspa give customers at-home sleep trials, so they have time to adjust to their new mattress and make returns or exchanges. When you buy a mattress directly from Zinus, you get a 100-night trial period, whereas Lucid customers get 30 nights.
You can use your trial period to assess how comfortable you are with the mattress firmness level, temperature, etc. If it’s not the best mattress for your needs, contact the Zinus or Linenspa customer service teams to begin the return process. Keep your original receipt of purchase, and you’ll be sure to get a full refund.
Note: Trial periods may differ depending on where you purchased your Zinus or Linenspa mattress.
Zinus and Linenspa cover their mattresses with a 10-year warranty that protects customers against material or workmanship defects like indentations and tears. If your mattress develops a covered defect, you’ll be eligible for repairs or a replacement mattress.
Zinus customers can initiate a warranty claim on the Zinus website. Linenspa customers need to email warranty@Linenspa.com. For your warranty claim to be approved, you must have bought your bed directly from Zinus, Lucid, or one of their authorized retailers. Hold onto your receipt or invoice to prove that you’re the original owner.
Note: Mattress warranties are only valid when the mattress is purchased from an authorized retailer. If you’re not sure if a seller is authorized by Zinus or Linenspa, get in touch with one of their customer service reps to double check before submitting your order.
Verdict: Which Is the Best Mattress Brand?
Value shoppers get a low-cost, quality mattress from both of these mattress brands, but Linenspa shoppers will generally save a little more. Zinus shoppers enjoy a longer trial period and unique features like copper, green tea extract, and cooling fabric. Linenspa mattresses are simple, but particularly responsive and supportive.
At the end of the day, you get to choose which brand is better for your specific sleep needs. Overall, we favor Linenspa for their super low prices and unique mattress profiles that fit spaces like bunk beds. On the other hand, we recommend Zinus for their 100-night trial period, unique foam infusions, and bigger collection of approved retailers.
The Best Zinus Mattresses on Amazon
Zinus is known for being one of the best online mattress companies with the best prices. Check out our top Zinus mattress choices.
Tuft & Needle vs. Lucid Mattress
We’re taking a closer look at the Tuft & Needle and Lucid mattresses in this comparison. Both are bed-in-a-box foam beds with subtle, but key, differences.
Best Cheap Mattress for Your Budget
Find the perfect affordable and inexpensive mattress for your budget using this comprehensive guide. Shop mattresses all affordably priced around $700.