updated September 2022
Zinus vs Nectar Mattress Comparison
Find out how two affordable memory foam beds, the Zinus Green Tea and the Nectar Memory Foam, compare in our head-to-head analysis.
The term “memory foam” may sound like a high-tech piece of sleep technology, but both Nectar and Zinus offer affordable mattresses that let you sleep comfortably without doing too much damage to your wallet. Each mattress does a great job at accommodating many sleeping positions while providing all the comfort benefits of a foam mattress.
The Zinus Green Tea mattress offers multiple thickness options and great responsiveness. The Nectar Memory Foam mattress comes with a 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty, allowing you plenty of time to decide if you made the right call.
- Motion Transfer: The Nectar and Zinus mattresses performed similarly in motion transfer tests, meaning they isolate motion well and are great choices for couples.
- Pressure Relief: Each mattress also performed quite well with pressure relief, providing necessary support and comfort for the areas receiving tons of pressure while you sleep, like your hips and shoulders.
- Foundation: Both the Zinus and Nectar are compatible with all typical types of bed frames and supports, from platform bases to adjustable bases.
- Design: The Nectar and Zinus Green Tea mattresses are both all-foam mattresses.
- Trial Period: Nectar offers a generous 365-night sleep trial, while mattresses bought directly from Zinus have a trial period of 100 nights. (Note: If you buy a Zinus mattress through a retail partner such as Amazon rather than buying directly from Zinus, that retailer’s return policy will apply.)
- Warranty: Nectar also comes out on top for its mattress warranty. They provide a lifetime warranty on their mattresses, while Zinus’s warranty lasts for 10 years, which is standard for the mattress industry.
- Edge Support: Nectar earned a 9/10 testing score in edge support, exceptional for an all-foam mattress. Zinus fared much worse, scoring a 6/10.
- Firmness: Zinus scored a 4-5/10, or medium soft, on the firmness scale, while Nectar scored a 6/10, or medium-firm.
- The Zinus Green Tea mattress comes in varying thickness levels, from 6”-12”, giving you more options for choosing your desired depth at the right price.
- Zinus offers their comfortable foam mattress at very affordable prices, making the Green Tea a great choice for shoppers on a budget.
- This mattress scored a 9/10 when tested for spinal alignment, meaning it will maintain your posture throughout the night and help alleviate back and neck pain.
- It performed very well in responsiveness tests, which will help combination sleepers and restless sleepers move more easily.
- The 6/10 firmness level of the Nectar makes it a great choice for average-weight sleepers who use the back and side positions. (Stomach sleepers may want something a little bit firmer.)
- Nectar offers a 365-night sleep trial on all of its mattresses, which is much longer than the industry standard of 100 nights.
- It features three foam layers, allowing you to sink into the mattress and feel like your whole body is being hugged by the bed.
- The Nectar is compatible with any bed frames, from standard platforms to adjustable bases.
While the Nectar does not feature thickness options, the Zinus Green Tea comes in four thickness options: 6″, 8″, 10″, and 12″. (When it comes to thickness options, remember that a thinner version of the same mattress usually feels firmer.)
Nectar is available in all standard sizes, while Zinus does not offer a split king option. Zinus, however, is available in some RV mattress sizes, including narrow twin and short queen.
|Thickness||6″, 8″, 10″, or 12″||12″|
|Twin||39″ X 75″||38″ x 75″|
|Twin XL||39″ X 80″||38″ x 80″|
|Full||54″ X 75″||54″ x 75″|
|Queen||60″ X 80″||60″ x 80″|
|King||76″ X 80″||76″ x 80″|
|Split King||N/A||76″ x 80″|
|California King||72″ X 84″||72″ x 84″|
While both mattresses are affordable, the Zinus Green Tea is significantly less expensive than Nectar in all size options.
Zinus and Nectar have their own version of a standard foam mattress, each with a slightly different design.
Inside the Zinus Green Tea
- Green Tea Memory Foam: Natural green tea and purified charcoal-infused foam layer that provides freshness and support while relieving pressure.
- Zinus Comfort Foam: A comfortable foam layer that adds extra support to the mattress.
- Zinus Base Foam: Foundational layer made of high-density foam.
Inside the Nectar Memory Foam
- Quilted Cool Cover: The Nectar mattress has a cool and soft breathable poly-blend cover.
- Nectar Smart Layer: A supportive and dense pressure-relieving gel memory foam layer that hugs your body’s curves.
- Dynamic Support Layer: A bouncy, dynamically adjusting foam layer that adds responsiveness.
- Stay-Stable Base Layer: A 7″ layer of foam that serves as the Nectar’s core.
- Shift-Resistant Lower Cover: The firm bottom layer is designed to keep the mattress from slipping around on the foundation.
Each mattress tested by Mattress Advisor is evaluated in multiple categories on a scale from 1-10. This comprehensive approach is key to our review process.
Each mattress has something unique to offer, and all sleepers have different needs. Learn more about how the Nectar Memory Foam and Zinus Green Tea mattresses accommodate different sleeping positions, sleep environments, and budgets.
Due to its firmer feel, the Nectar is able to better accommodate back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and combination sleepers. Side sleepers will benefit the most from pressure relief in their hips and shoulders.
The Zinus Green Tea mattress features a 4.5/10 firmness level, which is not ideal for many back and stomach sleepers. On the other hand, softer mattresses may be a better choice for side sleepers or those with sensitive joints.
Since they’re both foam mattresses, the Nectar and Zinus Green Tea do not provide the same cooling effects as a hybrid or traditional innerspring mattress. If you’re a hot sleeper, an innerspring or hybrid mattress may be a better choice.
A Zinus Green Tea queen-size mattress is considerably cheaper than Nectar, but that isn’t to say Nectar doesn’t also have affordable prices. They both make great options for shoppers on a budget.
You can contact Zinus customer service by calling 1(800) 613-1225, filling out a form, or the live chat function, both on their website https://www.zinus.com/. To contact Nectar, you can call (888) 863-2827, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the live chat option on their website https://www.nectarsleep.com/.
Other Zinus and Nectar Comparisons
Best Memory Foam Mattress
See our expert reviews for the best memory foam mattresses on the market. Our top picks feature mattresses for back pain, side sleepers, hot sleepers, and more.
Best Cheap Mattress for Your Budget
Find the perfect affordable and inexpensive mattress for your budget using this comprehensive guide. Shop mattresses all affordably priced around $700.
Best Mattress for the Money
See our picks for the best mattress for the money. Also, check out our tips on finding the right combination of quality and value.